GeoSweep LQ is comprised of the same active chemistry as GeoSweep HD, but blended into a liquid slurry for quick dispersion and rapid hydration. An all-in-one viscosifier, lubricant, and friction reducer alternative for high density and high permeability conditions ranging from sand to rock.
GeoSweep LQ is a high molecular weight, multi-polymer slurry. It is an all-in-one viscosifier, lubricant and friction reducer alternative for high density-high permeability conditions ranging from sand to rock. GeoSweep LQ is comprised of the same active chemistry as GeoSweep HD, but blended into a liquid slurry for quick dispersion and rapid hydration.
- Decreased thrust and rotational forces because the slick nature of GeoSweep LQ reduces the friction created between the bore wall and pipe
- High Cuttings Content from unique suspension properties and high gel strength that allow it to float and carry high density cuttings, such as coarse sand and gravel, out of the hole
- Filtration Control The specific blend of GeoSweep LQ allows the polymers to create a cake along the bore wall with a hydraulic seal, keeping fluid in the hole and moving cuttings down the bore path
1-2 EZB treats 500 gallons
There are 2 main ways to mix GeoSweep LQ. The first is to introduce it through the top of the tank quickly (full container emptied in less than 45 seconds); much like the method utilized for other ProBore Series products.The agitation in the tank and the shear of the pump will typically be sufficient to ensure full hydration in 5-8 minutes. Should the situation dictate the usage of a hopper, ensure the hopper is free of material and completely dry. Carefully pour down the throat, evacuating the desired loading in less than 45 seconds.
To Mix GeoSweep LQ:
For maximum performance, it is recommended the tank be rinsed of any bentonite-based products. The largest determining factor for full hydration is mix energy. Ensuring the system is operating efficiently will improve consistency of mixing.
Adding GeoSweep LQ to empty tank:
- Fill tank to 50% of capacity (or just above roll jets)
- Pre-treat water with ProDyne
- Set Mixing System pump at full rpm with flow directed through roll jets
- Add desired GeoSweep LQ loading in less than 45 seconds
- Allow tank to continue agitating via the rolls jets for 5-8 minutes to ensure full dispersion and hydration
More Pro Tips to Master Your Mix
- How Fast? One 1-gal bottle should take 45 seconds to be emptied into the tank.
- Heavy batches (more than 1 EZ Bottle) per 500 gallon batches of GeoSweep LQ require mix systems with high output pumps. For best results, add the containers quickly one after another.
- How Long? Full hydration typically occurs within 5-8 minutes. To confirm complete mixing, ensure there are no chunks or strings of polymer within the tank.
Can GeoSweep LQ be combined with other ProAction Products?
Yes. Not only is GeoSweep LQ compatible with all other ProAction ProBore products, there are cases such as when drilling in dirty sand, the addition of other ProAction products will provide synergistic benefits. However, ProDrill, ProDyne, or ClayLock should be added prior to, or immediately after, the addition of GeoSweep LQ.
What soil conditions are best suited for GeoSweep LQ?
GeoSweep LQ works best as a standalone product in heavy, dense soils such as sand, cobble, and rock. GeoSweep LQ’s unique and versatile properties make it a great option for clay and sand mixed soils.
When should GeoSweep LQ be used instead of a Bentonite-based mix?
GeoSweep LQ is a polymer alternative to bentonite for high density soil conditions. While ProAction does not limit our products to a specific hole size, a safe starting point for polymer only mixes in high density soil conditions is hole sizes less than 10” and less than 500’ in total length. Should the hole size exceed those parameters and operators’ comfortability with the product, ProAction offers a full line of bentonite and additives.