Certified Wyoming Sodium Bentonite designed for use in oil and gas and HDD applications. It serves as the base product of the ProVis family.
ProVis HYB is a 200-bbl yield, NSF ANSI-60 Certified Wyoming Sodium Bentonite designed for use in oil and gas and HDD applications. It serves as the base product of the ProVis family and can be an alternative to polymer-based muds in high density and high permeability (e.g., sandy soils) conditions. The proprietary polymer additive in ProVis HYB makes it a great stand-alone/single-sack solution but can be combined with other ProAction ProVis additives to modify the rheology.
MIXING & APPLICATION
Water quality should be considered when utilizing bentonite, with an ideal pH range between 8.5 and 9.5. ProVis HYB can be added into a mixing system utilizing the same procedure as other leading brands of bentonite. It should be added slowly into a circulating system via a hopper or jet/venturi and mixed until completely dispersed in water.
Mixes per 500 Gallons
- Start with makeup water pH ranging from 8.5-9.5
- Sandy Soils: 2 Bags ProVis HYB
- High Percentage Sand, Gravel, Cobble, Rock, or otherwise unknown formations:
- 2-3 Bags ProVis HYB + 1 EZB ProVis XP
- Hydration time will vary depending on mix pump output, tank size, and water quality.
ProVis HYB is packaged into 50-lb, multi-lined sacks. 54 sacks per plastic-wrapped pallet.